Data7 embodies seven pillars of Data Science excellence at the University of Arizona: Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Information Sciences, Engineering, Interdisciplinary Collaborations, and Innovation.
Data7 facilitates connecting computational and informatic researchers with those in domain sciences to achieve outcomes not easily attainable by individual investigators or within purely disciplinary teams. This is achieved by aligning institutional expertise, computational resources, and cyberinfrastructure to solve cutting edge data-driven research endeavors.
Our goals are:
- Developing data science teams to support research at the University of Arizona
- Fostering collaborations across data scientists and researchers
- Retaining data science expertise at the University of Arizona
- Promoting data science training for University of Arizona staff, students, and faculty
- Solving data driven challenges that no one person can do alone
- Going further, together