Why is UA's Data Science Institute called Data7?
- Data7 represents the seven pillars needed for Data Science excellence at the University of Arizona: Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Science, Engineering, Collaboration, and Innovation.
How can I meet others to talk about my Data Science interests or challenges?
- Weekly Coffee & Code and Hacky Hour events are open to all, and a great place to network! Look for a "Women in Data Science" event in the spring and join the WiDS-Tucson mailing list. Research Bazaar takes place at the end of spring semester and offers a variety of learning and networking opportunities.
What training is available?
- Periodic trainings include UA Library sessions, UITS Research Computing workshops, Software/Data Carpentry Trainings, CyVerse Learning, Research Bazaar, and the Tucson Python Meetup. Please see the Data Science Information Portal for current training opportunities and resources.
How can I find Data Science related coursework offered at UA?
- The DSRT Coursework page allows you to filter, search and sort UA coursework related to Data Science. If you know of other UA courses that should be listed, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
How can I work with the Data science Institute (Data7)?
- We periodically accept applications for new projects.
- For more information or to discuss ideas, contact anyone on the leadership team.
What is considered a suitable project?
- Any project that will be using more data than normally considered and requiring advanced cyberinfrastructure and analytical methods.
What expertise does the Data Science Institute (Data7) offer?
- Data expeditions, data visualization, machine learning, complex data inference, high throughput computing skills, and more.
What resources does the Data Science Institute (Data7) offer?
- Shared postdocs, technical staff, interaction spaces for University of Arizona Data Science research projects. Sign up for our mailing list to receive periodic updates on Data Science related events and announcements.
How can I participate in Data Science Institute (Data7) activities?
- The Data Science Institute is always interested in learning about new expertise and resources available through the University of Arizona. Please contact the leadership team or submit your resource/expertise to Data Science Resources & Training Classifieds.
How can I submit questions or suggestions to the Data Science Institute?
- Contact us via our mailing list: email@example.com .